Siskiyou Singers invites experienced vocalists to audition for the choir’s spring 2023 season.
The season will culminate in April with two performances of a program titled “Something to Think About, Something to Laugh About.” The first half contains music of exquisite beauty and deep meaning, centered on the stirring “Nänie” by Johannes Brahms, a 15-minute choral work performed with woodwind quintet. The second half is dedicated to hilarity, including Part 1 of “The Seasonings” by PDQ Bach (featuring kazoos) and two classic silly pieces from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, “Lobster Quadrille” and “Father William.” Concerts will be April 22 and 23 at SOU Music Recital Hall. Rehearsals will be Tuesdays at Ashland’s First United Methodist Church, 175 N. Main St., starting at 7:00 pm Jan. 24,
Auditions will be held beginning at 6:30 p.m. Jan. 24 and again Jan. 31 at First United Methodist Church. To schedule an audition time, contact Director Mark Reppert at email@example.com. Walk-in auditions are also welcome.
Our COVID-19 Safety Policy can be summarized as follows:
- Singers must be fully vaccinated. If previously supplied, you do not need to re-verify your proof of vaccination. If not previously verified, you can text an image of your vaccine card to 352-514-8839 or bring it to the first rehearsal.
- Masks are optional during rehearsals and performances.
- Singers will be physically spaced during rehearsal.
- We will continue to “air out” the building during the break.
- If you are not feeling well, even if you are certain that it is not COVID-related, please do not attend rehearsals or performances.
- Our policy may change based on changing trends in infection or pathogenicity.
Siskiyou Singers, founded in Ashland in 1982, is a community choir emphasizing high-quality performances that are accessible and affordable to listeners of all ages and interests. The choir’s repertoire is diverse, encompassing both sacred and secular music from Renaissance madrigals to American spirituals, from 18th century masses to multi-cultural and modernist compositions of today.
The choir presents two concert programs per year (one in early December, another in late April/early May) at Southern Oregon University’s Music Recital Hall. The choir also performs at local schools through its Educational Outreach program and at various community events, most recently singing the National Anthem for the Medford Rogues baseball team.
For more information about the choir, email firstname.lastname@example.org.