Siskiyou Singers invites experienced vocalists to audition for the choir’s 40th anniversary season this fall.
The season will culminate in three performances of the choir’s holiday program in December, centered on Mozart’s Coronation Mass, full of sprightly themes and joyous melodies, and his Regina Coeli, a delicious filigreed pastry praising the “Queen of Heaven.” The choir, conducted by Director Mark Reppert, will sing these pieces with full orchestra and soloists. The second half of each concert will include a variety of holiday favorites.
Auditions will be held beginning at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 6 and 13 at First United Methodist Church, 175 N. Main St. in Ashland. To schedule an audition time, contact Mark Reppert at firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-in auditions are also welcome.
Our COVID-19 Safety Policy can be summarized as follows:
- Singers must be fully vaccinated. If previously supplied, you do not need to re-verify your proof of vaccination. If not previously verified, you can text an image of your vaccine card to 352-514-8839 or bring it to the first rehearsal.
- Masks are optional during rehearsals and performances.
- Singers will be physically spaced during rehearsal.
- We will continue to “air out” the building during the break.
- If you are not feeling well, even if you are certain that it is not COVID-related, please do not attend rehearsals or performances.
- Our policy may change based on changing trends in infection or pathogenicity.
Siskiyou Singers, founded in Ashland in 1982, is a community choir emphasizing high-quality performances that are accessible and affordable to listeners of all ages and interests. The choir’s repertoire is diverse, encompassing both sacred and secular music from Renaissance madrigals to American spirituals, from 18th century masses to multi-cultural and modernist compositions of today.
The choir presents two concert programs per year (one in early December, another in late April/early May) at Southern Oregon University’s Music Recital Hall. The choir also performs at local schools through its Educational Outreach program and at various community events, most recently singing the National Anthem for the Medford Rogues baseball team.
For more information about the choir, email email@example.com.